I am looking around my room and have had a few thoughts...some have crossed my mind before and others are sudden "I wonder if" thoughts.
The main ones:
- Wow...things have really gotten out of order down here this summer!!
- I'm unemployed! Is there something in here that I could do for income? and where do I start?
- and my new one....Is all of this covered under my home owners insurance? Having lost a home and contents when pipes burst and our insurance company finding a loophole and not covering a dime, I am always leery.
So, I have a few questions?
- How do you store your WIPs so that you don't have to re-iron them every time you pull them out and so they don't completely take over any flat surface in your studio?
- Do you keep an inventory of all your fabric, notions, etc that you have? I am talking sewing machines, looms, spinning wheels (yes, plural), bags of fibres for spinning...books. (When our pipes burst they did not cover anything...let me tell you that it is a sad day when you see the majority of your possessions tossed into a dumpster...fortunately, the week before I had removed all my artwork, family photos, and family history from the house or I would have been devastated. We were getting the house ready to sell.)
- If you do keep an inventory of your fabric and notions, how detailed is it in terms of quantity and measurement of the piece of fabric and batting, etc?