Monday, August 27, 2012

It's Monday

I'm surprised that I am actually awake and functioning (and ready to start making cinnamon buns and eccles cakes).  My shawl is still on my needles...barely!  Okay, okay, it's not that bad.  I made a mistake.  For the life of me I couldn't find where that one extra stitch came from.  Every other row I dutifully count my stitches then suddenly, voila!, an extra stitch.  I even made my loving husband sit down and count...multiple times.  So, last night after everyone went to bed I started to Tink....and Tink....and Tink.  I was to the point where I thought I wouldn't have to Tink anymore then I dropped a stitch.  I'm in the border now so I am Tinking pattern.  I didn't think that I would have to get into the pattern areas however I ended up going back 3 rows and to tell the truth I'm not exactly 100% sure where that extra stitch came from because after pulling out and picking up said stitch...I was one stitch short!  What?!!?!?  So, at 2 o'clock in the morning I did what any tired, determined problem solver does...I created a new stitch, re-knit that row and went to bed.  This morning I cannot even see where I added the stitch or where the chaos could have started in the first place...and nothing looks like its going to unravel so I guess that's a big plus!!!

Off to make cinnamon buns!  In the fog of my sleepy brain I can almost smell them and they are divine!!  After that, I may take a stroll down to my studio, hug my new sewing machine and assure her that we will be sewing soon.  The countdown for the first day of school has started, my girls are anxious, my sewing table is cleared and ready to go!  Feeling very motivated on this beautiful sunny Monday morning!  Do you have any back to school plans?  Would love to hear about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear what you think about what I am working on. Tell me about what you are working on or have been inspired to start (...or pull out to finish).