Saturday, November 27, 2010

My Mom

Okay, so I am feeling a little frustrated.  I had a great post about my mom.  I had a little technical difficulties so I took it down to fix it and instead lost everything.  Maybe it wasn't meant to be!  So, I am going onto something else but never fear, you will likely hear about my mother, the blog-lurker (sorry mom, you will find no hints about your Christmas present in this post) many times because she pretty much got me started along this path.  Let me quickly introduce her then I am moving on and will come back and finish this post another time.
My mom....we are hiding from the cold winds at Peggy's Cove, Thanksgiving 2010.
Ah...the 70's!  I remember the colours, the curtains, the clothes....
This is me with my mommy.  The only picture that I have of the two of us together.
Mom was a stay-at-home mom.  To help out with the family budget she took in sewing....alterations, creating new outfits, and making beautiful wedding dresses.  She started to teach me how to sew when I was four...on those beautiful wedding dresses.  I would help her cut out the patterns and the fabric pieces then I would sit on her lap and guide the fabric under the needle as she stepped on the pedal.  As I grew up she took me to pioneer villages, craft sales, and for 6 yrs she drove me to Toronto to go to an open house at a Design School (and she doesn't even like driving to Toronto but once a year she did it because she knew that is what I wanted to do....that being said, it didn't happen...long story.  My one regret!)  To be Continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear what you think about what I am working on. Tell me about what you are working on or have been inspired to start (...or pull out to finish).