|These will eventually be Bento Blocks. The recipient asked us to stop at this stage so she can mix them with the other blocks she will receive. Looking forward to seeing the end result. The quilt is being made for a young girl.|
Through my sorting I came across some UFOs. There isn't a lot of shame. We all have them...some have been sitting around longer than others. Yesterday I found my daughter's baby blanket (yet to be finished) so I grabbed it and took it to dance to sew.
I finished up two more at dance and it has become my handwork project for when I sit waiting. Now just so you know....said daughter is now 10!! but that is okay....today I found her sister's baby blanket. It is almost quilted. Her sister will be 13 in December.
When I haven't been looking for projects to work on, we have continued with our staycation. There are lots of huge holes in the city with new construction happening all around us. Lots of free entertainment for parents with little ones that LOVE big trucks and machinery!
|New library in progress|
Beach trips have been frequent (except when they closed for high bacteria counts recently...then we had to search elsewhere for entertainment)
|Either a tad tired or a tad dehydrated....this was probably the warmest day that we have had so far this summer and we did a lot of walking! Enjoying a mommy daughter date at The Works (yay...they have gluten free!)|
|I love Halifax!|
Dance has become a regular activity again at Rhythm in Motion ....
I have been on a kijijii selling spree and preparing to paint the living room...
New beaches have been discovered...An afternoon at Rissers Beach after contemplating some different options for our family and future goals/plans.
What we have been reading since the 4th of July (we have seemed to have started our own little family book club! lol)...Once one of us finishes something it gets passed on to the next family member.
- Geek Girl by Holly Smale
- The Cahill Chronicles: Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
- Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
- Drawing Out the Dragons: A Meditation on Art, Destiny, and the Power of Choice by James Owen
- Witchlanders by Lena Coakley...Cora's having a hard time getting in to this one but the reviews are good so she is giving it a chance
- The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien (Charlotte is part way through this one after convincing her sister to finally let her read it...I have to admit...I've never read it)
- Small as an Elephant by Jennifer Richard Jacobson (Charlotte just started this one last night and is making speedy progress and loving the story)
- Graceling (my current read) by Kristin Cashore
- The Power of Starting Something Stupid by Richie Norton (this is pretty appropriate for us right now...as we are probably considering a lot of options that those who like to share their opinions with us would consider "stupid". Our Stupid Idea list is growing!)
We would love to know what you are reading, what projects you are working on or what your favourite hidden gems are in Nova Scotia to visit.