Thursday, July 28, 2011

Aprons

I seem to have a little kitchen theme going these days.  The food boxes from my CSA have inspired me to rediscover my kitchen.  While making my strawberry jam I started to recall those hot summer days sitting at the picnic table with my Grandma Macdonald hulling berries.  Those are some of my fondest memories.  She would always wear a pink apron that was passed down to me and was lovingly worn until....well, it wore out.  Since making an apron for my mom for Christmas, my love of aprons has been renewed and I have wanted to restock my kitchen with beautiful aprons.  My jam making spree and thoughts of grandma kicked me into action.  On Monday I pulled out my machine and voila, the first apron to grace my kitchen in our Nova Scotia home.  Expect to see more in the next few weeks.

And....It's Reversible!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear what you think about what I am working on. Tell me about what you are working on or have been inspired to start (...or pull out to finish).